City Commander (FansProject)
City Commander is a fictional character made by FansProject in 2008 as a third-party Transformer. He is an homage to the 1986 Transformers Autobot Ultra Magnus toy. An unlicensed reproduction of the toy has been released.
The City Commander armor is the second third-party Transformer accessory created by FansProject. He is an homage to the 1986 Transformers Autobot Ultra Magnus toy.
This set has proved so popular with fans that reissues and recolors of the toy have also been released. In addition other companies have made add-on sets for City Commander, including extra weapons, replacement heads and sticker sets.
A blurred photo of a City Commander prototype was first seen on the internet in February 2008.
Concept images of TFLab City Commander and the G3 Trailer were displayed at the TFClub Party 2008.
FansProject released City Commander in September 2008.
Perfect Effect's character Ejector, Rewinder, The Sun and The Moon are depicted as being used in weapon mode by City Commander is promotional photos, together with the Perfect Effect Backpack. He is also depicted as using the TAW-01 God Sword and the JB-00 Infinity Warfare blue set in promotional pictures of those toys.
In the TFWire podcast for November 16th, 2008 a listener wrote in the question asking for opinions on City Commander. Spada said it was "frickin awesome" and loved the comic book instructions. Ryan said the quality was better than the quality of recent Hasbro Transformers and recommended it.
In the City Commander preview comic by TFLab City Commander comes to the rescue of his brother, Optimus Prime, during a battle with Megatron and Megariors.
City Commander appears in the story "Reflection" where he cheers Protector becoming the new leader.
The City Commander armor (worn by Universe Nemesis Prime), appeared in the Transformers: Mosaic story "Blackest Night" by Matt Marshall.
- FansProject TFX-01 City Commander (2008)
- A new mold meant to be added to the Classic Voyager Ultra Magnus toy, although it fits on any toy that shares his mold. Turns from a trailer in vehicle mode to a set of armor and a large gun in robot mode.
- This toy was remolded and recolored into Shadow Commander, Powered Commander and D.I.A. Commander.
- Reprolabels Classic Ultra Magnus (2008)
- A set of labels meant to make City Commander looks more like the Generation 1 Ultra Magnus toy. Includes Autobot symbols. This set was released on New Years Eve 2008
- FansProject TFX-03 City Commander Add-On Set
- An upgrade set for City Commander which includes two missile launchers and a new rifle.
- Reproduction TFX-01 City Commander (2009)
- An unlicensed reproduction of the City Commander by a company in China. Made to look like the original toy, but with some small differences.
- FansProject TFX-01 City Commander reissue (2009)
- This version came with the TFX-04 additional rifle, shoulder mounted missile launchers, and some slight remolds.
- Broken Arrow Toys City Commander Missile Pods
- A set of white missile pods and red missiles for City Commander by Broken Arrow Toys.
- Jesse (May 4th, 2008). "[email protected]". http://www.tfwire.com/ (Podcast). TFWire. http://tfwire.com/blog/?p=366.
- Vangelus (September 25th, 2008). "[email protected]". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/191327-wtf-tfw-episode-10-a.html.
- Vangelus (October 16th, 2008). "[email protected]". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/193822-wtf-tfw-episode-13-a.html.
- Vangelus (October 23rd, 2008). "[email protected]". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/194436-wtf-tfw-episode-14-a.html.
- Spada (November 16th, 2008). "[email protected]". http://www.tfwire.com/ (Podcast). TFWire. http://tfwire.com/blog/?p=424.
- Reed, Philip (2013). Transforming Collections. ISBN 978-1-62620-496-6.
- Comparison with original and reproduction City Commander armors
- City Commander gallery by Seibertron.com
- Differences between the FansProject City Commander and the reproduction
- Animation of City Commander transformation